Skip to main content

Happy Seven-Month Birthday!!


Dear Eloise,


Tomorrow you turn seven months old!!  Now that we're past six months, it seems like time is flying even faster.  I'm hoping it will slow down!!  


This month you've been very, very entertaining.  You started blowing raspberries a couple of months ago, but now I actually put a bib on you sometimes because you do it so often.  Spit goes everywhere.  Raspberries are kind of your standard response when people talk to you.  I mean, why not?  You've started laughing a little more easily.  And I do mean a little.  It's so sweet when you laugh.  But the absolute sweetest thing you do is smile a huuuuge smile, stick out your tongue just a little bit, then scrunch your nose.  Absolute delight.  With this, we know you're a happy, happy girl.


In other big news?  You sit up!  On your own!  Ok, let me clarify.  We put you in the sitting position and you remain in that position for quite a while.  This is new just in the past week.  You were almost sitting on your own last week, at least for a few seconds, but when your dad got home from his trip on Thursday, we were able to show him what a big girl you are.  You love being able to play while you sit up.  Your stuffed animals and books are probably your favorites.  Today you took a few of your toys and slammed them against the floor over and over again.  I think you were having fun.  Whatever floats your boat.


You  roll back and forth all the time now.  Before, you were able to roll, but you didn't seem too interested.  Now, it's just old news.  You start out sleeping on your back, but we usually find you on your belly in the morning.  I'm so happy that you can do this on your own now, because you've always liked being on your belly more.  You do lots of push-ups, too!  


You know what you haven't gotten too old for?  Cuddling.  And that makes me one happy momma.  It is the best.  Such a cuddle bug and I wouldn't have it any other way.  Sometimes it's hard to put you down.  The only thing we have to watch out for is when you seem like you want to cuddle, and it turns out it was all in your ploy to try to rip off our ears or hair.  Which hurts.  Really, it does.  Babies have a mad grip.  You have to pry off their little fingers.



You eat a few more solids now.  Prunes, Carrots, Cereal, not such a fan of peas.  The other stuff depends on the day.  Sometimes you love it and other times you'd think I was torturing you.  During the torture times, you like to take the food you have chosen not to eat and store in in your mouth between your lips, cheeks, etc, allowing anyone who is holding you five minutes later to also have prunes.  On their shirt.  


You respond to your name now (amazing!) and you are very much aware of who is around you.  You know we're you're mom and dad (wonderful feeling).  No serious separation anxiety yet, though.  Looks-wise, you have started to grow hair again.  Now it is very blonde.  And it sticks straight up in the air like a little bird.  And overall, you still look a lot like your dad.


It is such a blast to be around you, to see you develop and grow.  You are growing way too fast for my liking!  To my special and sweet little one, happy seven-month birthday!


Love, 
Your mom

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

HAIR.

You guys.  These are by far these worst videos ever made.  Yet I made them.  That's your first piece of information.  Second - why?  Why on earth would you post these silly, low-quality videos? I've had some people ask about my hair recently, specifically the waves/curls I've been doing. And, we've all talked about getting together, but sometimes it just doesn't work out.  So, here you go.  I can't wait to get my first thumbs down on YouTube.  Also, I am completely aware that there are much more important things going on in the world right now. 🙂
The main product that makes the difference for me is my curling iron, The Beachwaver (I use the S1 most of the time, S .75 less often).  I swear I'm not trying to sell it. I just really, really like it.   I realize it is a lot of money for a curling iron, so it's an investment (the 20 % off coupons from Ulta apply to this product when they're available and you can apply for their points system - I got min…

Current clothing faves.

Regular blogging, she said, right?  Whoops.  Seriously...I'm trying.  I swear I'll get more consistent.  Anyways...  
Madewell is killing me right now.  The idea of spending more on maternity clothes that won't fit in three months is too much to stand, but I am still running out of stuff to wear, so I decided to try some things on the in the store recently (Holla - store close to home!) and holy cow, they are winning this season.  Madewell is one of those brands that I find doesn't look as cute on the website or hangers as it does in person.  Here were my favorites...Some outer layers to wear over maternity tanks and tees and then a few other tops that can expand. 

This long cardigan.  I typically don't wear long cardigans because of my height, but this one seems to work - I think it must be the weight.  

Look at this you guys.  You are wearing a sweatshirt.  But you look like you are wearing a structured jacket.  BOOM. 

This shirt is incredible. Works with a belly, bu…

The move.

We've had some questions over the past few weeks as to how the adjustment is going for us.   And I kept meaning to write about it earlier, so here we go.  With a smattering of very high quality photos (kidding). 
Overall, we are doing well.  This is not to say we don't miss people, that everything is absolutely wonderful all the time, etc.   Change is really hard, but it is so good, and so stretching for our lives and our faith.  So, good is my overall answer.


Eloise at the Circle. 
For those of you who don't know the whole story of our move, I'll give you the shortest version possible.  Last fall, Zach was offered a hospital medicine job in Southern Illinois (he had been working at his old engineering job the first few months after graduation from PA school).  This decision was made after much deliberation and prayer and applications were sent out just about everywhere (seriously - we were open to anywhere).  The job in Southern Illinois made the most sense and we de…